Oak Grove Cemetery is an active 24 acre cemetery located in Conway, Faulkner County, Arkansas. The cemetery’s entrance is at the east end of Bruce Street, which was named to honor George W. Bruce, a Conway pioneer who, in 1880, served as the first president of the Oak Grove Cemetery Association.
The Historic Section of Oak Grove is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. This 10-acre portion is the final resting place of most of Conway's citizens from its earliest era.
William M. Lea, D.D.
b. 26 July 1817
d. 14 June 1887
"Moved to Tenn. at age of 20 years. Joined the Baptist Church in 1852.
Sent by MB to Ark. Spent his life in the cause of Christ.
Died near Conway"
William M. Lea was born in North Carolina and served as a Baptist Missionary in Tennessee. He came to Arkansas in 1852 where he was instrumental in starting many churches in the eastern part of the state. "Sometimes pastor of churches; sometimes performing missionary labor; with his headquarters at someplace; but his home at no place, and yet he seemed to be really at home wherever duty called him." Prior to the Civil War, Rev. Lea served as the president of the Arkansas Baptist State Conventions and as the Chaplin of the Arkansas State Senate. Rev. Lea moved to Conway in about 1873 and served as the pastor for First Baptist Church from 1877-1882. Rev. Lea was one of the ministers who performed the formal rites for the dedication of Oak Grove Cemetery in 1881.
 Kirkland, Rick L. Descendant of William M. Lea.